PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
0027 21 683 3048
The purpose of a facelift is to lift away the sagging caused by gravity. It is not meant to pull every wrinkle flat nor is it meant to change the shape of the mouth or the eyes.
It is used in conjunction with other techniques to rejuvenate the aging face.
Benefits Experienced by most of our patients
1. Correction of sagging around the jowls
2. Some tightening of the neck
3. lifting of the nasolabial folds and lower face
4. A subtly rejuvenated appearance with lasting effect.
1. Swelling and Bruising that usually lasts 1o to 14 days
2. Scars in front of the ears that are initially visible, but usually heal so well that they are almost invisible
3. The skin on the sides of the face is initially numb, but regains feeling in approximately 3 months.
4. Surgical Complications - Infection, Bleeding, Haematoma, Seroma